NEWS & EVENTS
BC3 Announces WEDnetPA 2019-2020 Grant Funds Available
June 27, 2019
2019-2020 WEDnetPA training grant. This grant exists for the purpose of improving the skill level and productivity of Pennsylvania’s workforce. WEDnetPA 2019-2020 ES and TS Descriptions WEDnetPA Flyer 2019-2020
In a nutshell, the grant provides reimbursement to qualified employers for training of their employees. Manufacturers are eligible to participate in both Essential and Technical Skills training. This year, inpatient healthcare facilities are eligible to participate in both Essential and Technical Skills Training. I hope that you decide to take advantage of this great program.
This year marks the 20th year for the WEDnetPA grant. This state grant has helped more than 1,200,000 workers receive training to ensure that they have the skills needed to compete in the global economy.
Complete program details can be found by visiting www.wednetpa.com<http://www.wednetpa.com> or in the attached WEDnetPA
Company Guidelines. I did want take a moment to highlight some of the key program guidelines.
- Eligible training must begin after July 1, 2019 and conclude by June 30, 2020.
- There are two categories of training that are eligible for reimbursement.
- Under Essential Skills (ES), companies can be reimbursed up to $600 per eligible employee. The maximum reimbursement for each company is $75,000. Examples of training that are eligible in this category includes (list is not all-inclusive):
- Fire Safety
- First Aid, CPR, AED
- Hazardous Materials Handling
- Crisis Management
- Patient Care
- Fall & Injury Prevention
- Dealing with Difficult Patients
- Problem Solving
- Communications & Teamwork
- Beginner & Intermediate Computer Operations (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Six Sigma (White and Yellow Belt)
- Internal Auditor
- Quality Assurance
- Human Resource Management
Companies can be reimbursed up to $1,200 per eligible employee for Technical Skills (TS) training. The maximum reimbursement for each company is $50,000. Examples of training that are eligible in this category includes (list is not all-inclusive):
- Project Management (MS Project, Agile, Scrum)
- Six Sigma (Green, Black and Master Belt)
- Advanced Level Computer Operations
- Statistical Software
- Database Development (including MS Access)
- Information Security
- Network Administration
- Website Design and Development
Eligible training is defined as skill building training that is central to an employee’s current job responsibilities. Supervisory and leadership training is eligible for any employees when it is part of the employee’s logical career path.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2019-2020 grant year.
This is a great opportunity for your organization to train your employees and receive reimbursement for all or part of the cost. I welcome the opportunity to meet with you personally to discuss the benefits of this grant and the application process.