Carolyn Graham firstname.lastname@example.org
Ibis Tek is searching for an experienced Buyer to join our Purchasing team at our Saxonburg facility.Ibis Tek is the leader in transparent armor and accessory products for military combat vehicles. We also specialize in the development and deployment of tactical vehicles for all levels of local, state and federal security teams. Support those who Serve – Protect those who Serve.
In summary, the Buyer is responsible for conducting activities related to the timely acquisition of materials and effective flow of communication and associated paperwork. All candidates will have experience in procurement activities including sourcing, competitive bidding, quotation review and analysis, supplier selection, and purchase order placement in a manufacturing setting. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, enjoy solving problems, and have a passion for customer service.
In return, Ibis Tek will offer a friendly and professional working environment, as well as, comprehensive benefits and competitive compensation packages.
• Solicit RFQ’s to approved vendors.
• Shop for the best sources.
• Analyze bids in accordance with established policies and procedures.
• Prepare purchase orders and check them for accuracy and completeness before issuing.
• Review acknowledgements for agreement with purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies.
• Follow-up or expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules.
• Keep the Purchasing Manager informed of all activities or problems and submit reports as requested by management.
• Perform other duties as assigned, such as supplier evaluation and obtain terms and conditions.
• Associates Degree in Business Management; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in a Purchasing role; electronic parts purchasing experience preferred.
• Able to prioritize assignments.
• Must be well organized, high attention to detail, team player.
• Must possess excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• Skilled with Excel and Microsoft Office products.
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Work Schedule: 7:30 AM-4 PM