NEWS & EVENTS
Manufacturing Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate
October 29, 2018
Designed to develop entry-level skills that enable graduates to start a career in manufacturing. Careers include Machine Operators, Machinist Apprentices, Quality Apprentices, CNC Apprentices, Assemblers, Maintenance, Press Operators, etc.
Grant-Funded & Free to Students: This program is grant-funded by the Tri-County Workforce Investment Board. It is FREE to students who meet the requirements. Class materials are covered as well as an opportunity to earn 2 NIMS and 3 NTMA credentials.
- Successful completion of a drug screening
- Certified background check
- Vocational screening assessment
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
January 14 – March 7 / Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday / 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Basic shop safety
- Basic blueprint reading
- Hand and electronic measuring instruments
- Quality processes and procedures
- Manufacturing processes
- Basic shop equipment operation
- Introduction to CNC
- Industrial fork truck classroom certification
*In addition to the dates and times above,
students will study these specific topics:
Employability Skills – March 8, 11 & 12 – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
OSHA 10 – March 13 & 14 – 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Kelly McKissick, Coordinator of Professional Education &
724-287-8711 ext. 8171