NEWS & EVENTS
BCMC April Meeting at BC3’s Apprenticeship Summit April 17
April 5, 2019
Please join us April 17th, 4:00 PM at BC3’s Founders Hall at the main campus. We will be meeting prior to the Summit and encourage our members to attend the event after our meeting. The Apprenticeship Summit is sponsored by the Tri-County Worforce Investment Board and BC3.
Bridging the Skills Gap
Wednesday, April 17 | 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
BC3 Main Campus – Founders Hall
Apprenticeship programs train workers and provide new career opportunities. Learn the value of these programs in a variety of industries in our region
Who Should Attend?
- Job Seekers
- High School Juniors & Seniors
- Small to Mid-Sized Company Representatives
- 5:00 – 6:00 p.m. Networking & Refreshments, Vendor Booths
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. Keynote Speaker – Eric Ramsey, Director, Apprenticeship & Training Office, PA Department of Labor & Industry
- 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Panel Discussion, Q & A
- 7:30 – 8:00 p.m. Networking, Vendor Booths
Eric Ramsay is responsible for all registered apprenticeship activities statewide. The goals of his office are to increase the number of apprentices statewide, education the uninformed about the merits of registered apprenticeships, and expand into the “non-traditional” areas of apprenticeship. Mr. Ramsay has been with the PA Department of Labor and Industry for 19 years and believes that “it takes a village” to help maintain a healthy workforce system.
- IBEW, Local Union No. 5, Paul Reinert, Sr., Apprenticeship Training Director
- Steamfitters Local 449, Nick Kappas, Recruiter
- Operating Engineers Apprentice Program, Steven D. Columbus, Administrative Manager
- Cygnus Manufacturing Company, Allison Emsurak, Human Resource Administrator
- Penn United Technologies, Inc., Scott Covert, Training Coordinator
- Catalyst Connection, Petra Mitchell, President & CEO
- Neil A. Ashbaugh, Director of Services, New Century Careers
- Apprenticeship & Training Office, PA Department of Labor & Industry
- Butler County Community College
- Catalyst Connection
- Cygnus Manufacturing Company
- IBEW, Local Union No. 5
- New Century Careers
- Oberg Industries
- Operating Engineers Apprentice Program
- Penn United Technologies, Inc.
- Steamfitters Local 449
- Western PA Laborers
- Keystone Development Partnership