Company Description: Since incorporation in 1975, SinterMet has led the market with superior products, solution-based engineering, on-time delivery and customer service. We’ve experienced nearly half of a century marked by successful growth and technical achievements. Now, as we get closer to that mark, SinterMet is prepared for greater growth.
With a name that comes from the combination of the terms sinter and metals, SinterMet has earned its reputation as the industry leader. We continue to supply the vast majority of tungsten carbide rod mill rolls in North America.
Job Description Summary: The objective of this position is to utilize various equipment, machinery, and computers to procure materials needed to produce components of the composite roll product line and meet Company specifications and objectives. http://smrtr.io/PwbD on www.smartrecruiters.com
- Procure material by requesting quotes and issuing purchase orders.
- Track shipments and expedite orders as needed.
- Weigh powdered metals with precision scales.
- Utilize various equipment, to load powdered material.
- Operate battery powered hand tools.
- Test materials received from subcontractors.
- Perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Package material for shipping.
- Utilize mobile equipment to safely move material..
- Utilize hand tools.
- Abide by safety policies and procedures to ensure safe work practices.
- Communicate with vendors, coworkers, management, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all Company regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Senior Vice President and/or the President & CEO.
*Please note this Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required of this position. Such responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Familiarity with industrial machines and equipment
- Strong attention to detail
Additional information: *Position is non-exempt. Daylight hours with excellent benefits.
Minimum Experience and Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior machine operation and/or purchasing experience a plus
This role requires standing for the majority of each shift; however, the employee will frequently climb and may occasionally sit, kneel, stoop, and/or crouch as necessary. Must be able to safely lift up to 50 pounds infrequently, as required.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online via this ad or at our office between the hours of 9am and 3pm at 222 North Park Drive, West Hills Industrial Park, Kittanning. No phone calls please.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Shannon Clarke, Manager – Human Resources SinterMet, LLC
- Office: 724.548.7631 x212
- Cell: 724.679.1219
- Fax: 724.545.1824