NEWS & EVENTS
Employer Hiring Incentives: WOTC & Federal Bonding Programs
June 8, 2020
Details for WOTC and Federal Bonding Programs: WOTC and Federal Bonding Guidelines
Work Opportunity Tax Credit
The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry (L&I) manages the federal Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program, which enables employers to benefit from hiring individuals from specific targeted groups who are facing significant barriers to gaining employment. This program financially rewards employers for offering employment opportunities to these individuals.
The WOTC program has been extended to December 31, 2020.
Additionally, the Empowerment Zones were extended retroactively
from January 1, 2018 through December 31, 2020. Please continue to
• Any size business can participate.
• Minimal paperwork is needed to claim the tax credit.
• Employer makes the final hiring decision on candidates presented.
• Employer can hire as many qualified employees as are needed.
• Hire from 14 qualifying groups, which include 5 veteran categories.
• For-profit employers can reduce their federal income tax liability.
• Non-profit employers can reduce their Social Security tax.